Friday, July 29, 2005

dream sequence

Last night I had a dream.

I received a YELLOW winter jacket in the mail. Via UPS, or something like that. It was one of them tekkie down deals with lots of compartments, drawstrings, zippers, mesh, whatnot. You know. It wasn't a jacket. It was a SYSTEM. The thing is, I didn't order it. But it was kind of cool, so I tried it on. It fit! I'm thinking, "hey this dream is getting better." So I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I think, "Wait, didn't I try on a jacket like this at the OUTDOOR FITNESS store the other day?" As I'm thinking that, I reach into one of the pockets and pull out a piece of folded paper. I unfold the paper and there is a handwritten note. It's my handwriting. It's directions: "turn left at the gas station," etc. So now I'm confused. Is this my jacket? Did I buy it and forget it? Did I leave this note in the jacket when I was trying it on? Then I realize that the jacket - the bag the jacket was in, to be precise - has paperwork stuck to it. It looks to be an official memo of some sort. I pull it off the bag and read it:

Dear Recipient,
In recognition of the Irish Republican Army's cessation of armed struggle, jackets previously owned and worn by IRA members are being sent to citizens across the US as a peace offering.

Please enjoy this official IRA garment.

Yours Truly,
Gerry Adams, Sinn Fein.

Then I woke up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely detailed dream, Beaups. High marks on timely news integration. The bright yellow confuses me though. Maybe it means you think you're a target. Don't follow the directions on the note. -J

July 29, 2005 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home